The 6 best times to use a copy writer
Not all businesses need a professional copy writer - some will already have invested in building up the necessary resources and experience in-house. But sometimes it makes more sense to outsource . Here are six of those times.
- You can't stand writing. You love your business - almost as much as you hate writing. If that sounds like you, writing your own copy could be a huge mistake - you won't like the writing process, you won't write well, and you'll end up hating what you create. Believe it or not, copy writers love writing. And can easily translate your business passion into fantastic copy - and do it in about 1/4 of the time it would take you to create a first draft.
- You're in a time crunch. The only thing worse than bad copy writing is text that's been written fast - too fast. If you're pressed for time, it's better to bite the bullet and hire a copy writer that can meet your deadline. Yes, it's money out of pocket. Yes, it's going to cost more than doing it in-house. But at least you can get the job done - and done right.
- You have no idea what to do. It's not that you don't want to have a go at copy writing - you do. But right now, you have no idea what you're doing. So rather than trying to guess the rules (hint: you'll be wrong) and get by without the hindsight of years of experience, make your life easier and outsource it.
- No one in your team can do it. You may have your industry's leading experts in your team -but they're not copywriters. In fact, everything they do is probably so technically brilliant, they can't "dumb down" their writing and discuss concepts in a way that "normal people" could understand. If your team members aren't writers - it's better to outsource.
- You've got one chance to make a sale. Many businesses need to generate leads (or sales) fast. It's tempting to go the DIY route in this situation, but this is one time when hiring a professional is in order. An experienced copy writer knows all the powerful direct marketing response tricks that can send your conversion counter clicking.
- You need an "example" to get you going. If you ever find yourself sitting in front of a blank screen wondering how to get started you should consider hiring a copy writer to get you started - creating a few pages for you as a template on . Those pages will give you an idea of what to do and how to proceed - and you'll have the jump start you'll need.
So why not contact us today to learn more about how we can help optimise the effectiveness of your marketing communications programme. It could be the start of a beautiful relationship!
Don't forget: It costs NOTHING to talk to us! Why not call us today to discuss how we can help your business. Got a particular requirement? Get in touch NOW - we're always keen to get involved in a new project and can generally turn work around quickly and cost-effectively.
» Your cheque is in the post
If you think "junk-mail" doesn't work... you're absolutely right! Sending out thousands of glossy brochures with pretty pictures and flowery text is almost certain to generate a huge bill - and ZERO response. But with the right approach direct mail can become the most cost-effective, predictable and consistent way to generate more customers and tremendous profits.